1/1 Photo of Momma Wants Soup
1 hr 15 mins
My mom adored the Double - Lemon Roast Chicken I made for dinner and asked me to make a stock from the bones and soup from that. I cleaned out our fridge and turned it into a veggie and nutrient rich chunky bowl of comfort that will keep you from raiding the cookie jar mid afternoon.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rib fennel, chopped
- 5 large carrots, sliced
- 4 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium-large zucchini, sliced
- 18 button mushrooms, halved if desired
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used Ogio Pinot Grigio IGT)
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth or 9 cups homemade chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1In a large, deep pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the fennel, carrots, celery, zucchini and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables have begun to soften and the mushrooms have begun to brown.
- 3Raise the heat to high and pour in the wine, stirring vigorously, then pour in the stock.
- 4Add onion flakes, rosemary, pepper, salt and wild rice.
- 5Return to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook (uncovered) 20 minutes.
- 6Stir in the cooked chicken, beans and green onion and cook a further 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma Wants Soup
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 342.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g