Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Recipe comes from my moms brain. She adds a shake of this, a can of that, two or three this and thats. In the end, you will have the best frickin' Albondigas ever. I usually make it in an 8 qt. pot so I can have enough for the next few days, so cut it into half as needed.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 onions
- 4 large carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 fresh zucchini
- cooking oil
- 5 quarts water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Chop all of the vegetables (Onions, Carrots, Celery, Zucchini) about 3/4" thick. Dice 2 Clove of Garlic.
- Boil the 5 qts of Water.
- Make Meatballs --
- For Meatballs:.
- Dice 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Dice Cilantro.
- Combine the Ground Beef, Garlic, Eggs, Uncooked Rice, Cilantro and season it with the Salt, Pepper, and Oregano.
- Mix well.
- When water starts to boil, make your meatballs and add them to the boiling water one by one.
- Set Zucchini aside till the end.
- In a pan, add Cooking Oil and brown Vegetables(Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic). Season Veggies with Salt and Pepper and add the Tomato Sauce to Veggies as soon as they brown. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add Veggies and Tomato Sauce to the Meatballs and Water. Stir.
- Lower heat and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- With 15 minutes left, add the Zucchini to the soup.
- When soap is done, season with Salt, Pepper, and Oregano to taste.