Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very easy and fast so it's perfect for a weeknight meal. This is another one of Momma Maglione's recipes! Fagioli is pronounced "fazool."
- 4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 411.06 g can tomato sauce
- 411.06 g can water
- 411.06 g cannellini beans
- 0.25 ml crushed pepper
- 226.79 g ditalini (you can substitute elbow macaroni)
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomato sauce, water, cannellini beans and crushed red pepper and simmer while pasta is cooking.
- Rinse pasta. Mix ditallini and sauce mixture.
Super easy and delicious! I did drain the beans, and used chicken broth instead of water. I also added a liberal dose of Italian seasonings. Thank you so much!
This is a nice & quick recipe for pasta e fagioli. I put in the whole can of white beans with liquid, since the recipe didn't say to drain beans. After tasting, I added one packet of Goya Jambon (ham) bouillon. I've seen pasta fagioli recipes which use a ham bone as flavoring. I guess it must be the carnivore in me! Very nice just as written. Made for ZWT4. Thanks for a very nice recipe, Emily Elizabeth!
*reviewed during ZWT4* This was a great recipe for a quick and easy dinner. The cannellini beans gave it extra protein and were really nice and creamy addition to the pasta and sauce. I couldn't get the ditalini pasta in gluten-free variety so used a twister pasta instead. We sprinkled over pepper and parmesan cheese. Also would be great with some fresh herbs added in. Photo to be posted