Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom has made this for every holiday since I was little. It doesn't have the onion curls like most, which I don't like, and the swiss cheese adds a great flavor.
- In skillet cook onion in butter 1 minute Blend in flour, sugar, salt, & pepper. Add milk and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Add the green beans to the white sauce and stir into well blended.
- Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture in a 1qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/2 the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers, ending with beans.
- Combine cornflake crumbs and melted butter; toss until well mixed. Top beans with cornflake mixture.
- Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 20 minute.