Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really don't even know how to describe this. It is something my mother in law made when my DH was a young boy. My 2 yr old loves it and it is basically a very cheap, and farily quick casserole. My DH acually calls it Ragatainy (whatever that is). I didn't see anything else like it on here so I thought what the heck. By the way, I'm not a measuring type cook (learned from the best grandmothers on earth) so I'm doing my best by the measurements below.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup cheese (I like shredded cheddar DH likes to use velveeta slices)
- Cook your egg noodles acording to package directions. Meanwhile: Cook ground beef with onions and italian seasoning until it is brown and onions seem tender (translucent).
- Drain the water off the noodles and the fat off the beef.
- In a 13x9 pan layer ingrediants. Begin with beef, then corn, then mushrooms, then noodles, then tomato sauce and finish with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 F oven until heated through and the cheese has mealted. Usually 15 to 20 min will do the trick.