Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is a recipe that was handed down to me from my mother in law. This is at least 3 generations old and only has two ingredients! It is the best apple sauce I have ever eaten. People can't believe that all it is, is just apples and sugar!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the core out of the apple and slice into at least quarters. If you have an apple corer that slices at the same time, your set! That's what I use and it takes about 5 minutes. (you can leave the skin on).
- Put in a 6 quart sauce pan with about an inch of water in it.
- Cook on high for 10 minutes and then let cook on medium heat for 30 more minutes. (or until soft).
- Put through an apple press (sieve).
- Stir in sugar and put in containers.
- You freeze the apple sauce in plastic containers, or you can also seal it in glass jars in a canner.