Recipe by Nay78
This is my signature chili. Hubby loves this and always stuffs himself too much to eat another bite. He HATES to put the leftovers away because he'd love to have more but can't. LOL
Top Review by J-Lynn
This is such excellent chili! I've made it several times, just forgot to rate it. It makes a nice thick chili, full of flavor. I use diced kielbasa instead of andouille. When I want it spicy, I make as is. When I need to tone it down, I use less than half the amount of chili powder. I also prefer slightly more worcestershire sauce and only about 1 tsp of cinnamon. Thanks for posting- great recipe!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 lb chopped andouille sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (NO MORE)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground chuck and onions in a large pan.
- In a separate pot, heat all tomato goods, garlic, andoullie, chili powder, pepper flake, black pepper, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Add cooked ground chuck and onion to pot with tomato mixture.
- Boil on low/medium until thick and some water is cooked out about 1 hour.