Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from my New Orleans days. If you like fudgy brownies, you've come to the right place. These are outrageous. You MUST keep them in the refrigerator. The recipe comes from my Aunt Susan who passed away years ago. My Cousin Doug named it "Moment of Silence" to commemorate her and her wonderful recipe. It's not overly sweet (like Aunt Susan), so you can add up to 1/4 cup more sugar if you like a sweeter brownie.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, stir in thoroughly, then beat in eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until all are mixed.
- Grease an 8" or 9" square pan.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Consistency will be"jiggly" when removed from the oven, but that is what you want.
- Let cool, then put into refrigerator where they should stay.