Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Moma herself: "This is a tart pie; some folks might add more sugar than I prefer. I used sugar-free Jello also, I doubt if it makes any difference in the taste."
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Cut rhubarb in small pieces.
- Pile the rhubarb pieces in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle with the Jello.
- Mix together the flour & sugar.
- Cut in the margarine.
- Sprinkle on top of rhubarb and Jello.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes; serve with Cool Whip.
This is the first Rhubarb Pie I've ever made. It's very easy and delicious. I did not have any strawberry jello so I used raspberry jello instead. Next time I'll try the sugar free jello.