Recipe by senseicheryl
Mom Wood's famous Hot Milk Sponge Cake - always a best seller at the Church Bake Sales!
Top Review by Sweet PQ?
This is one of my favourite cake recipes. I love to bake this in a tube pan (350*-45 minutes). I cut slices and dress it as strawberry shortcake - outstanding! The cake comes out perfect every time. The flavour of the cake makes it a perfect foil for so many uses.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat the Milk and Butter until they melt.
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs for about 4 minutes or until thick.
- Gradually add the Sugar and beat on medium for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the Flour mixture.
- Add the Vanilla.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Add the milk and butter and beat until well blended.
- Grease and flour 2 9x2 inch baking pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes (a tube pan can be used; change baking time to 50 minutes to 1 hour).