Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband says that this is the absolute best icing in the world! Nothing even comes close...
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Crisco, in really hot weather, cut back by 1/4 cup of Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk, adding as needed
- 4 teaspoons of wilton's clear vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of wilton's meringue powder (optional)
- Beat all ingredients for 20 minutes on a regular mixer or about 7 minutes on a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- To make this recipe a Chocolate Icing: 1/4 Cup less of the Crisco Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sifted Unsweetened Dark Cocoa. Note: for the chocolate icing, you can use regular vanilla extract.