Recipe by Kerena
This is a favorite of family and friends. Our mom was determined to come up with a spaghetti sauce her picky family would eat and she succeeded! We can't get enough of this. It is easily doubled - that's what I'm doing right now.
Top Review by tyoung
This was wonderful. I doubled it as well and the only thing I did different was to add a bay leaf. I let it simmer for 3 hours and the result was a meaty tasty sauce. I will be using this often.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 16 3⁄4 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pan. Crumble the beef into the pan. You can make a few meatballs if you choose to. Brown. Add onions and cook until clear. Drain off fat.
- Add all other ingredients. (Use soup and tomato paste cans to measure the needed water and rinse the can at the same time.) Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 hours.