Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's snack mix. Enjoy! I finally made some for myself. I used a disposable roasting pan (around 16 inches long)... for easy cleanup. Makes about two ziplock type gallon bags.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 (12 1/3 ounce) boxes Crispix cereal
- 1 (2 ounce) jar Nori Goma Furikake (any furukaki with nori and sesame seeds)
- Melt butter. Add the syrup, sugar and shoyu to the melted butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- In a very large bowl mix 1 box Crispix with half the goma nori furukaki; then add the other box of Crispix and the remainder of the furukaki.
- Add 1/3 liquid mixture to the dry mixture; mix. Add another 1/3 liquid mixture; mix. Then add remaining liquid -- mix.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees -- stirring about every 10 minutes or so.
Wow -- this snack ROCKS! It is so delicious. So much yummier than regular chex mix. I like that it uses only Crispix because I don't really like peanuts and pretzels that are in other snack mixes. The furikake, soy and syrup all provide a delicious flavour balance. *nom nom* I highly recommend this simple and tasty recipe. ***note*** I did NOT add in the additional granulated sugar as I found that the karo syrup provided enough sweetness.