Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Philly" fudge cuz you use "Philadelphia" brand cream cheese (Plus I'm from Pennsylvania-how appropo) This is a simple recipe-made it as a teenager.We made it without the nuts.Probably could add mini marshmallows
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 (1 ounce) bakers unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Gradually add sugar to softened cream cheese,mixing with hand mixer until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (nuts are optional).
- Spread bottom of buttered 8 inch square pan.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Serving size is "guesstimate".
So glad this is posted as I have made this fudge almost every year for 20 years. It is the only kind of fudge that my husband rave's over. It's easy too. I began making it as a newlywed and it turned out great the first time. Thanks for posting. KCShell