Recipe by Linky
This is a different take on potato salad since it includes beets. Adapted from Allrecipes.
- 5 small beets
- 2 medium potatoes, red-skinned
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beets, potatoes, and carrot into a saucepan, fill with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and allow to cool; peel the beets and potatoes. Dice the beets, potatoes, and carrot, and place into a salad bowl.
- Stir in onion, pickle, sauerkraut, olive oil, and salt. Chill the salad for 2 hours or more; serve cold.