1/1 Photo of Mom’s Italian Cream Cake
From Cookbook: Kitchenology: Pasadena (Texas) School Service Assoc. 1976
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine baking soda and buttermilk, let stand a few minutes.
- 3Cream sugar, butter, and shortening.
- 4Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Add buttermilk/soda mixture, alternately with flour, to creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- 6Place this mixture in a separate bowl.
- 7Wash and dry the mixing bowl.
- 8Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 9Fold egg whites into batter.
- 10Stir in pecans and coconut (gently).
- 11Bake in 3 (9 inch) greased, floured layer pans.
- 12Bake about 25 minutes, or until cake looks done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom’s Italian Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9413.3
- Calories from Fat 5397
- Total Fat 599.7 g
- Saturated Fat 257.2 g
- Cholesterol 1804.8 mg
- Sodium 4231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 951.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.0 g
- Sugars 723.3 g
- Protein 109.2 g