Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
Mom has been making this ever since I can remember, and it's always been a family favorite. The recent addition of ranch dressing makes it even better! This recipe is easily halved for those who don't need to make enough for a crowd.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 14 eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise (add more to taste, we always use Hellman's)
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes well and put in a large pot of water over high heat, make sure there are 3 to 4 inches of water OVER the potatoes. Boil until fork-tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. You can use the same pot to cook your eggs for 10 minutes until hard-boiled.
- Drain eggs and potatoes separately and allow to cool.
- Peel and chop potatoes. Add diced celery and onion. Drizzle with the ranch and a bit of salt to taste, then toss lightly to coat.
- Add mayonnaise and toss again, then eggs which have been chopped into 1/8's (halved, then quarter each half) and toss one last time. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but best if left overnight and served the next day.