Recipe by Katzen
Mom has been making this Pumpkin Pie recipe for as long as I can remember. I don't know where she got it, but it's our family favourite, and nothing even comes close in our minds to Mom's light and fluffy pie. She's converted pumpkin pie haters to pumpkin pie lovers over and over again. I LOVE my Mom's pumpkin pie, and hope you do do! Note: I have adjusted the amount of pumpkin after receiving LIG's feedback.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
This makes a great pumpkin pie! My daughter made this for our Thanksgiving pie and it was enjoyed by all. Thank you for posting your mom's pie recipe! P.S. We were a little confused about the 1 1/2 cups, use up to 2 1/2 cups. We ended up using about 2 cups.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (try recipe #194908) or 2 cups cooked pumpkin (try Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular, not 2%)
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and flour in a bowl, and beat until well mixed.
- Add Carnation milk. Beat well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, until center is puffed, and top is slightly brown.
- Allow to cool, as cutting into it while hot will cause the pie to deflate!
- Enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream, should you desire!