Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a classic potato salad from my mother-in-law. "Miss you Mom!"
- 1 lb potato, boiled (use potato of choice ( I like red skinned for "no" peeling)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (red or white onion)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinnly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, celery, and pickle relish.
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, mustard, celery seed, salt, and pepper to taste; add to potato mixture and toss to coat throughly.
- Chill as long as overnight.
- Before serving, toss again and garnish with eggs.
- NOTE: you may add more mayonnaise if desired and substitute the pickle relish for chopped sweet or dill pickles. Add a splash of the pickle juice to mayo mixture for added flavor.
This is the way my mom made potato salad too. It can't be beat, it's fabulous and I've never made it any other way with the exception that I use sweet gherkins instead of sweet pickle relish. Thanks for posting this awesome potato salad recipe!