1/1 Photo of Mom Pat's Chiles Rellenos
Dienia B.'s Note:
Mom makes these. They are not hot and make a simple dinner. These are good for lent or if you're going meatless for any reason. It's hard explaining a simple way of doing this. I hope I did it for you. Nothing is measured; we just do it so I'm figuring on my fingers and toes the measurements,lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 2Open the can of chilies; there should be 2 or 3 in the can. Split the chilies open and flour them.
- 3Stuff about 1/4 cup of cheese inside chilies.
- 4Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl with salt and pepper.
- 5Fold yolks into the beaten egg whites gently.
- 6Heat oil in a pan. When hot dip 1/4 cup egg mixture into pan in a dollop, then place 1 chili in center of dollup; then cover with 1/4 of egg mixture, making sure chili is covered.
- 7Repeat with remaining chilies.
- 8Pour remaining eggs over all.
- 9Brown lightly (watch so you don't scorch eggs)and turn over.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover pan with a lid; simmer on low heat until eggs are set.
- 11Can serve with salsa on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom Pat's Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1410.3
- Calories from Fat 1233
- Total Fat 137.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 672.2 mg
- Sodium 2092.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g