Mom makes these. They are not hot and make a simple dinner. These are good for lent or if you're going meatless for any reason. It's hard explaining a simple way of doing this. I hope I did it for you. Nothing is measured; we just do it so I'm figuring on my fingers and toes the measurements,lol.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Open the can of chilies; there should be 2 or 3 in the can. Split the chilies open and flour them.
- Stuff about 1/4 cup of cheese inside chilies.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl with salt and pepper.
- Fold yolks into the beaten egg whites gently.
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot dip 1/4 cup egg mixture into pan in a dollop, then place 1 chili in center of dollup; then cover with 1/4 of egg mixture, making sure chili is covered.
- Repeat with remaining chilies.
- Pour remaining eggs over all.
- Brown lightly (watch so you don't scorch eggs)and turn over.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover pan with a lid; simmer on low heat until eggs are set.
- Can serve with salsa on top.
an easy breakfast dish or vegatarian dinner