Recipe by TheDancingCook
We always look forward to Mom Mom's chicken at each at family gathering and we found out her secret: it's an adapted version of the oven-baked chicken recipe you find on the Bisquick box, which I am sharing with you. Simple with lots of flavor to go around and can easily be served for any occasion, any time of the year.
- 12 pieces chicken, skinless (mix of legs and bone-in thighs)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasons Italian dressing, and recipe mix (this is a 0.7 oz pkg)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet; dice up the Tbsp of butter and sporadically place diced butter on foil.
- Place sheet with butter in pre-heating oven to melt; pull out when melted (don't burn) and tilt pan to coat.
- Stir and combine Bisquick, about 3/4 of the packet of Good Seasons (reserve 1/4), paprika, garlic powder and pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 remaining Good Seasons.
- Coat chicken with Bisquick mix; set on buttered foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes; turn chicken and bake for another 15 minutes (or longer if you like it a bit more crispy).