Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The ultimate in comfort food in our house. This was on the stove every time we walked into my grandmother's house. I sat at her side and faithfully transcribed every step. This is printed as I make it now because she used Crisco as a thickener and I won't even buy it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, shredded
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 (28 ounce) can sauerkraut, juice and all
- salt and pepper
- Put pork in bottom of large soup pot.
- Cover with cabbage and sauerkraut.
- Fill with water to top of pot and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Season to taste after cooking for a few hours.