Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for safe-keeping, this was my dear long-departed Grandmother's recipe from way back. My cousin had it and I never want to be without as to me this is the best carrot cake in the whole, wide world. Besides, Mom-Mom always told us it was nice to share...
- 295.73 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 59.14 ml butter
- 414.03 ml powdered sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml nuts (pecans) (optional)
- FOR CAKE:.
- Beat together all cake ingredients. Add carrots last. Grease and flour pans. Bake @ 350 for 40-55 minutes in 2 cake pans or mold. (I use a bundt cake mold and baked for 50 minutes.).
- FOR ICING:.
- Beat together. all ingredients (can use less vanilla if perferred).
- If too dry add a little milk.
- Keep cake wrapped & refrigerated.
- Best to make day before to let flavors meld.
This review counts for whole family, they all loved the consistency, and the flavor. I would tone it a half cup less on the sugar, but other than that they all agree that it was awesome. They also loved the icing. Great cake!