Recipe by laurenpie
The chewy kind, with chocolate chips. My mom's handwritten recipe included "1 Blonde Wig", which always made her giggle. Family Note: Mom-mom used margarine, but butter is better.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" X 12" baking pan.
- Melt butter with brown sugar in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let cool slightly. Pour into mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla and water. Mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Optional: Add walnuts and one blonde wig.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.