Recipe by oilpatchjo
Mom Keller's cheesecake recipe is from Germany and is probably over 60 years old. This is a shortbread crust with 2% cottage cheese and 1 8oz package of cream cheese. A great reduced calorie cheesecake!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 cups 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cereal cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe is for a 9", 10", or 12" springform pan. Use double crust recipe for 2 cheesecakes & add more butter if desired until crumbly, will stick together. Also, you can put 2 pieces of parchment paper crossover on the bottom of the spring form pan then put the pan together and close the clamp. Then add the shortbread crust on top of the parchment paper pack sides & bottom of pan. Then add filling.
- Using a food processor beat cheeses, sugar & eggs followed by rest of ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake until center rises like a hat.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is done. Then remove from oven.
- Insert knife and check if runny if still runny continue to bake until knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate overnight.
- Be sure to slide a knife around the sides of the crust to loosen before taking out of spring form pan the parchment paper will allow a smooth slide of the cake to a plate for serving.