Recipe by Bread 'n Butter
This is the dressing that my husband's family always serves at Thanksgiving.
- 72 saltines, crushed (2 single packages)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans corn
- salt and pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans canned oysters, juiced drained and reserved
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the saltines and butter together.
- Mix the 4 cans of corn together in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix drained oysters, 1/4 cup of reserved juice, 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Place 1/3 of cracker mixture in a buttered casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of corn, then 1/2 oysters mixture.
- Repeat layering.
- Pour remaining reserved juice over entire casserole.
- Layer remaining cracker mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F.