This recipe differs from the many other delicious-sounding pickled cucumber recipes in its use of mustard seed and celery seed. Mom Hoffman's recipe didn't specify the amount of mustard seed or celery seed to use, so I guessed. Preparation time doesn't include "set aside" time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the cucumber slices with the salt and set aside for 1/2 hour, then squeeze out the excess water.
- 2Cook the sugar, vinegar and water in a saucepan long enough to dissolve the sugar.
- 3Combine all ingredients and stir.
- 4Allow at least a 1/2 hour for flavors to mingle before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom Hoffman's Pickled Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 877.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g