Recipe by Annie Golden
My mom came up with this recipe years ago. Only problem was....she never measured anything. So, one day, my sisters and I stood by her while she was making it, insisting she measure each handful!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Mix together tomato paste and water.
- Add Italian seasoning, wine.
- garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add brown sugar and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a large kettle, then add hamburger/onion mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Let simmer for several hours.
- Freezes well.