Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My mom came up with this recipe years ago. Only problem was....she never measured anything. So, one day, my sisters and I stood by her while she was making it, insisting she measure each handful!
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Mix together tomato paste and water.
- Add Italian seasoning, wine.
- garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add brown sugar and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a large kettle, then add hamburger/onion mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Let simmer for several hours.
- Freezes well.