Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a different take on the traditional tomato soup--but it's been made this way in our family for at least 4 generations. Sooo satisfyingly delicious! A staple at The Market Fare.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups tomato juice
- chopped green onion
- In a skillet with a heavy bottom, cook bacon till crisp.
- Crumble, place on a paper towel to be used for garnish.
- In bacon drippings, saute onion.
- Add salt, sugar, and tomato juice (may substitute 2 Cups tomato sauce, 1 1/4 Cups water).
- Cook till heated through.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream in the middle, surrounded by crumbled bacon and chopped green onion.
- Pretty and good!