Recipe by Dienia B.
This is how our family makes tacos. It was one of the first things I learned to "cook". It seems so easy it shouldn't even be posted. The hardest part is finding enough bowls so everyone can fill the tacos the way they want. Leftovers can be a nice taco salad--if there are any.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
Thanks for sharing your recipe. This is an excellent recipe for a beginner cook! I added some left-over corn and onions and some salsa to the meat while it cooked. Thanks!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas (bigger package for men)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cheese in one bowl.
- Chop the onion into one bowl.
- Place the olives into one bowl.
- Put the sour cream in one bowl.
- Put salsa in one bowl. (See the theme of the night?).
- Put refried beans in microwave bowl and top with a little cheese and a little salsa. Heat until hot.
- In one pan, brown the ground beef and, of course, put in bowl when everyone is at table and all bowls are on table too.
- Heat about inch of oil oil in another fry pan and fry the corn tortillas about 1 second on each side (not very long or they will be hard shell). Use tongs to turn tortillas and put on plate with paper towels. These don't hold very long, so serve immediately.
- Cook should eat 1 taco first to get jump on everyone else--lol!