Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 hrs
My other Mom; I have two; I'm so lucky, makes pot roast this way.
Make and share this Mom Florence's Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Salt and pepper the roast.
- Shake the Worcestershire sauce and bouquet sauce on the roast.
- Brown in hot oil. Add 1/2 of the carrot, onion, and celery and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add water to cover; add bay leaf and bullion cube.
- Simmer covered for 4 hours, adding water to keep roast covered.
- Roast should be falling apart.
- Add other 1/2 carrots, celery, onion and potatoes.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about another 30 minutes.
- Take out bay leaf so no one eats it by mistake.