Recipe by Dienia B.
My mom made meatloaf this way. You will have enough for sandwiches next day. This is one of those dishes where it's a squirt of this and a shake of that, so you may need more ketchup or more mustard to your taste. Be careful of the mustard; it's strong.
Top Review by I'mPat
A good basic meatloaf, I cut back to a 1/2 recipe for 3 of us and had one serve left over baking in a loaf pan at 175C fan forced oven for 45 to 50 minutes (draining off fat about half way through the cooking and at the end). I didn't put the extra tomato sauce/ketchup on the meatloaf as I planned to serve it with gravy but otherwise made to recipe. The only thing we didn't like was with tearing up the bread in small pieces (I used wholegrain) there was soggy bread bits in the slice, so when making again I would give the bread a wizz in the mini processor and make fresh breadcrumbs out of the slice. Thank you Dienia B made for Please Review my recipe.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped onion in butter until translucent.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Add onions.
- Blend everything together. Form into a loaf in a cake pan because it will have grease in pan.
- Squirt more ketchup on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour until meat is done in center.