Recipe by Dienia B.
Mom Florence made this pie up because my Dad is diabetic and loves pie. The Splenda is to taste because she is one of those dashers; you know, dash of this, just until it tastes good, people lol. Her recipes are always good though.
- 6 apples
- 2 pears
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml apricot, dried finely chopped
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 2 pie crusts, divided
- 2.46 ml nutmeg, fresh grated
- 28.39 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 0.59 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml apple pie spice
- 14.79 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel core and slice apples and pears; toss with flour.
- Cook apples, pears, and apricots in orange juice until thick and almost cooked.
- Bake bottom pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, sugar substitute, allspice, and apple pie spice to fruit while cooling; add butter.
- Pour mixture in bottom pie crust; top with second pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until browned.