Recipe by Dienia B.
Mom Florence made this pie up because my Dad is diabetic and loves pie. The Splenda is to taste because she is one of those dashers; you know, dash of this, just until it tastes good, people lol. Her recipes are always good though.
- 6 apples
- 2 pears
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup apricot, dried finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 pie crusts, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel core and slice apples and pears; toss with flour.
- Cook apples, pears, and apricots in orange juice until thick and almost cooked.
- Bake bottom pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, sugar substitute, allspice, and apple pie spice to fruit while cooling; add butter.
- Pour mixture in bottom pie crust; top with second pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until browned.