2 hrs 15 mins
Twice a year (usually for a special football game) my Mom and Dad would make their extra special avocado dip. We'd eat it with thick rippled potato chips & thick corn chips. The salt in the chips makes this even better; although it was such a favorite in our house several arguments were known to occur over who got to "clean" the bowl... Lately I've been eating this with canned tuna, salmon, & kippurs and it makes a great summer meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take avocados out of shells remove pit and mash.
- 2Cut lemon in half, squeeze 1/2 the lemon onto the avocados and stir.
- 3Chop red onion into very small pieces and add to mixture.
- 4Crush garlic and add to mixture.
- 5Mix in yogurt.
- 6Mix in onion powder.
- 7Mix in mayonnaise.
- 8Cube tomato into bite size chunks.
- 9Add Tabasco (or other hot/spicy) sauce.
- 10Cover bowl and chill for 2 hours. Serve with chips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom & Dad's Avocado Dip
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.7
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: