Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Twice a year (usually for a special football game) my Mom and Dad would make their extra special avocado dip. We'd eat it with thick rippled potato chips & thick corn chips. The salt in the chips makes this even better; although it was such a favorite in our house several arguments were known to occur over who got to "clean" the bowl... Lately I've been eating this with canned tuna, salmon, & kippurs and it makes a great summer meal.
- 6 large ripe avocados
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large juicy lemon
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce
- Take avocados out of shells remove pit and mash.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze 1/2 the lemon onto the avocados and stir.
- Chop red onion into very small pieces and add to mixture.
- Crush garlic and add to mixture.
- Mix in yogurt.
- Mix in onion powder.
- Mix in mayonnaise.
- Cube tomato into bite size chunks.
- Add Tabasco (or other hot/spicy) sauce.
- Cover bowl and chill for 2 hours. Serve with chips.