Recipe by Dienia B.
My ex-mother-in-law made this. It's great over mashed potatoes and something you can do with that deer that someone brought home. See Beachgirl's Venison - Pressure Canned for canned venison. You can pressure cook the venison for 90 minutes to get the same consistency of the meat.
Top Review by Casey S.
It was bland and the consistency wasn't like gravy it was more like condensed soup straight from the can. I added dry beef mushroom soup mix.i also added sauteed onions and garlic.
- 1 quart canned venison
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and oil in skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring constantly.
- Add canned milk and water enough to make gravy. Add canned soup and a quart jar of canned venison.
- Salt and pepper to taste; cook till thick. Serve over mashed potatoes (hopefully mine, lol).