Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My ex-mother-in-law made this. It's great over mashed potatoes and something you can do with that deer that someone brought home. See Beachgirl's Venison - Pressure Canned for canned venison. You can pressure cook the venison for 90 minutes to get the same consistency of the meat.
- 1 quart canned venison
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix flour and oil in skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring constantly.
- Add canned milk and water enough to make gravy. Add canned soup and a quart jar of canned venison.
- Salt and pepper to taste; cook till thick. Serve over mashed potatoes (hopefully mine, lol).
We added an extra cup of water and a can of French Onion soup, and served it over buttermilk biscuits. We have been searching for more recipes that use canned venison, this one is a keeper. Gotta Love Comfort Food!
Dee, this was fantastic! I made a soup out of some rabbit pieces and a pheasant and wanted to make kind of pie out of the meat. I combined a bag of gluten free cream of mushroom soup with some thick coconut milk, mixed with the rest, stirred in two egg yolks, filled the shredded meat into a pie crust, poured the gravy over it and cooked it in the oven - BOY was that good!! Thanks for posting this!
i loved this