Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my ex mother-in-law that canned everything that didn't move (and a few that have). You can use small carrots pickled the same way.
- Cook beets in water to cover till tender.
- Drain into another bowl.
- Slip skins off (make sure you let beets cool before you try this).
- You can save the water for beet jelly.
- In another pan, mix the rest of the ingredients and add the beets which have been skinned and sliced into rounds. Simmer this mixture for 15 minutes.
- Put into pint jars and lid and process for 45 minutes in hot water bath.