Recipe by Valerie in Florida
I saw this in a magazine and thought it would be good. I have not tried it yet, so let me know !
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces cooked chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet sweet vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- garlic bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a heavy bottomed 6-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil; add the onion, mushrooms and chorizo. Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the vermouth and bring to a boil. Add the tomato sauce, wine and clams. Cover and cook until the clams open, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Uncover the clams and discard any that did not open. Serve immediately in shallow bowls with warm garlic bread.