Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
Thanks to Better Homes & Gardens for this recipe. Love these cookies, but I love chocolate. Not hard to make. I'm not a baker and I had no problems. If you have kids, they'll be GONE. Enjoy.
- Preheat 350°F.
- Cream together butter & sugar.
- Add cocoa powder, eggs & vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour & baking powder. Gradually add to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Using your thumb, press into the center. Fill with a piece of chocolate & fold dough over to cover chocolate.
- Place balls 2" apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm, but tops are still soft. Remove and cool. Dust with powder sugar, if desired.
For all chocolaholics, you gotta try these! Main problem is that you cannot eat just one. I used chips (wanted to use up) so that is why my chocolate middles did not spread out. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Update: made again with correct chocolate and left the pieces quite big -- over 1/4 inch and removed from oven when puffiness dropped-- about 10 minutes. Wonderful cookie!
OMG!!!! These are the best cookies!!! Made as directed and I could hardly wait for them to cool! I used my 1 inch cookie scoop, pushed a piece of chocolate in the middle and used a knife to spread the batter over the chocolate so it was completely covered. Was very easy. Will definately make again and again!! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
I couldn't love these cookies anymore, if I tried hard. I want to marry them. OMG, these things are decadent and chocolate-y. I have to say that they are wonderful at room temperature, but they are like 'chocolate vacation in your mouth' when they are warm/heated up. I used the microwave for 10 seconds to warm one up and NIRVANA. You must make these - they made me start my 'Best of 2013' cookbook, and this recipe was the reason. Thanks so much for sharing a fabulous recipe, shadowgirl...