Recipe by shadowgirl...
Thanks to Better Homes & Gardens for this recipe. Love these cookies, but I love chocolate. Not hard to make. I'm not a baker and I had no problems. If you have kids, they'll be GONE. Enjoy.
Top Review by WiGal
For all chocolaholics, you gotta try these! Main problem is that you cannot eat just one. I used chips (wanted to use up) so that is why my chocolate middles did not spread out. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Update: made again with correct chocolate and left the pieces quite big -- over 1/4 inch and removed from oven when puffiness dropped-- about 10 minutes. Wonderful cookie!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate (chopped) or 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- powdered sugar (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat 350°F.
- Cream together butter & sugar.
- Add cocoa powder, eggs & vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour & baking powder. Gradually add to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Using your thumb, press into the center. Fill with a piece of chocolate & fold dough over to cover chocolate.
- Place balls 2" apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm, but tops are still soft. Remove and cool. Dust with powder sugar, if desired.