Recipe by GlutenFreeKitten
These are super yummy! You can make them with regular flour if your not G/F! I personally like to bake mine so they are not as soft in the middle but it's a personal choice! I don't always include the 2nd egg yolk and they turn out fine. I love that this recipe makes 2 large or 3 medium cakes! These are my ultimate splurge!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons flour (I use rice)
- butter, for coating ramekins
- sugar, for coating ramekins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400.
- Cover ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. (If you don't have ramekins, I've also made these in a silicone muffin tray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Mix these all the above mentioned together.
- Add the flour, whisk till combined (do not over-whisk).
- Bake at 10-12 minutes until a tooth pick inserted 1/2 inch from the side of the ramekin comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- You can dust them with icing sugar and serve with icecream and your favorite berries.
- I've also had fun and added Baileys or other flavored liquors. This recipe holds up great so experiment with it!
- These microwave well the next day!