1/3 Photos of Molten Lava Cakes - Gluten Free
These are super yummy! You can make them with regular flour if your not G/F! I personally like to bake mine so they are not as soft in the middle but it's a personal choice! I don't always include the 2nd egg yolk and they turn out fine. I love that this recipe makes 2 large or 3 medium cakes! These are my ultimate splurge!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 400.
- 2Cover ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. (If you don't have ramekins, I've also made these in a silicone muffin tray.
- 3Melt the chocolate and butter.
- 4Whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt.
- 5Mix these all the above mentioned together.
- 6Add the flour, whisk till combined (do not over-whisk).
- 7Bake at 10-12 minutes until a tooth pick inserted 1/2 inch from the side of the ramekin comes out clean.
- 8Take out of oven and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- 10You can dust them with icing sugar and serve with icecream and your favorite berries.
- 11I've also had fun and added Baileys or other flavored liquors. This recipe holds up great so experiment with it!
- 12These microwave well the next day!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Lava Cakes - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 206.5 mg
- Sodium 225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g