Recipe by DoubleA's Mom
There are a few molten lava cake recipes out there, but in my (and my husband's) opinion, this one is the best. It is terribly easy and I often make these on a weeknight as a special treat for my family. I originally got the recipe from watching Paula Deen but made a bit of a change to suit our family's tastebuds.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler.
- Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes.
- The edges should be firm but the center will be runny.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.