Make and share this Molten Lava Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200-210°C (400°C). Grease or butter ramekins. Make sure you use a lot of butter/oil if you want to invert it onto a plate, otherwise it will stick.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together and mix. Pour into a big bowl.
- Sieve in the flour and sugar and whisk.
- Add the eggs and continue to whisk. If you like a more cake-y texture, keep on whisking until it turns lighter.
- Pour into ramekins. It took up around 8 ramekins for me, but it really depends on the size.
- Bake for around 10 minutes. It's best to keep an eye on it just to make sure it doesn't overcook. If it does, it's just a really moist cake, good but not quite as satisfying.
- Serve with ice cream and strawberries. Or banana. A good idea can be to chop fruit beside it and use the filling as a sort of fondue.