Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from La Huella, a parador in Jose Ignacio, Uruguay.
Make and share this Molten Dulce De Leche Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plus more for ramekins)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups dulce de leche (preferably Nestle)
- ice cream (vanilla or banana)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter and flour 6 (4 oz) ceramic ramekins; transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and egg in a medium bowl until doubled in volume and eggs hold a slight ribbon, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add dulce de leche; beat until well blended, then gradually add 2 1/2 tablespoons flour; beat until well blended. Divide batter among ramekins.
- Transfer sheet to oven. Bake cakes until outsides are golden brown in color but the centers still jiggle, 12–14 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to a rack. Run a knife around edges of ramekins to loosen cakes; invert onto plates or into shallow bowls. Serve hot with ice cream.