Recipe by Debala
A very rich chocolate brownie. Be careful when you start eating, you might find yourself unable to stop!
- 1 (19 -21 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, fine-quality
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or frozen whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray bottom of an oven proof (12-in.) skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies with the eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup water.
- Spread batter over bottom of skillet.
- Cut bittersweet chocolate into small pieces.
- Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.
- Combine 2 cups water and ice cream topping in a large microwave proof bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.)
- Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.
- Bake the brownie batter, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. (Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.)
- Carefully remove skillet from oven to a cooling rack.
- Coarsely chop almonds using a Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie.
- Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Spoon brownie into small bowls and serve warm with ice cream or thawed whipped topping, if desired.