Recipe by Janine Ross
I have made these twice, they are just wonderful, especially on a chilly winters night! From Notebook Magazine,April 2006
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups superfine sugar
- 6 red plums, halved and stoned
- double cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehest oven to 180°C Grease 6 x 1cup capacity dariole moulds with butter then dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- Place butter and chocolate in heatproof bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until melted and remove from heat, cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar for 1 minute or until eggs are aerated.
- Sift in flour and fold together.
- Add chololate mixture and mix in, until combined.
- Divide mixture between moulds,place on an oven tray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops feel firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre heat grill on high heat.
- Place plums cut side up on an oven tray.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar and grill for 3 - 4 minutes or until caramalised.
- Turn pudding out on plate.
- Serve with warm plums and thickened cream, to serve.