Recipe by Charlotte J
Chef bluemoon downunder and I were partners in a Magazine Swap earlier this year (2005). I was sent the most wonderful magazine called "Delicious" August 2005, the photos are soooo tempting. I wish you could see this magazine. Sorry, I'm not letting this copy out of my sight! Note this is a premium dark chocolate that is used in this recipe. It says it comes in ready to melt pieces. I don't know if we can find this here in the United States, so just use the very best you can find. Do a google search to find out what the dariole moulds look like, then you can see what you want to use.
- 180 g dark chocolate couverture (NESTLE PLAISTOWE 63% Cocoa Couverture)
- 100 g dark chocolate couverture, melted (NESTLE PLAISTOWE 63% Cocoa Couverture)
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg yolks
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup plain flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease eight 175ml dariole moulds.
- Break 40g of the NESTLE PLAISTOWE 63% Cocoa Couverture into 5g squares and set aside.
- Place the remaining chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water).
- When melted, remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Place eggs, extra yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and thick.
- Pour in melted chocolate, then add flour. Using a large metal spoon, stir until mixture is well combined.
- Pour evenly into moulds.
- Push a square of reserved chocolate into the centre of each pudding, ensuring it is completely covered.
- Place moulds on a tray and bake in the oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove moulds from the oven and stand for 1 minute before inverting onto serving plates. Serve immediately, drizzled with extra melted chocolate.